62% app developers choose Android as their first platform

android_apps_cover_640x360According to the ‘Mobile App Developer Survey 2013’, done by Vserv.mobi, Android is the platform of choice for app developers entering the development scene.

Three quarters of app developers have been in this industry for less than three years, making this a young, but growing industry, says the survey. Also, app developers that enter this business primarily adopt the Android OS. Once they gain foothold, they start embracing other platforms.

While Individual developers happen to focus more on the entertainment category, multimedia apps and games; business and finance is the most outsourced category to an app development services company.

Digitisation and monetisation of apps are two of biggest challenges faced by app developers. Since social media integration allows deeper engagement and brand amplification of the app, 90% of app developers are exploring ways to achieve that.

The survey says that 47% of players in the industry are independent developers, 25% are App/Game companies and 27% App Development Services.

While 62% of app developers favour Android for their first year, 49% of developers in business for more than 3 years have tried out a newer platform Native Apps compose 32% of development activity, with the remaining 68% apps being cross platform ones.

, ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Buy doxycycline canada buy Prednisone Buy dapoxetine canada cheap antabuse